Friday, March 18, 2011

Corn and cheese pattie


I like to try out different type of snacks for evening and at times i just don't know what to make. At such times I generally open the fridge and kitchen pantry and check for what all ingredients I have available and try to make some dish.The other day i found I had frozen corn lying in the freezer so decided to make something for snacks using it. I made corn and cheese patties a easy dish.
Ingredients-
Frozen  corn kernels- 1 cup
Grated cheeses-1/4 cup
Onion chopped-1-2 tbsp cup
Garlic and ginger grated-1/2 tsp
green chillis finely chopped-1/4 tsp or as per taste
Red chilli paste-1/4 tsp
chopped coriander-2 tsp
Besan or chick pea flower-1 tsp
salt
oil for frying
Method
1.Place corn in the chopper and give it a rough chop just 1-2 times till u get coarse corn pieces.
2.Mix this with all other ingredients except Besan & oil.
3.Add Besan slowly as u do not want to add too much besan.
4.Heat oil in a wok.
5.Make small tennis size balls out of the mixture .You can coat this with bread crumbs if you like .I did not do it as I did not have bread crumbs at home.
6.Deep fry on medium heat till cooked.Drain the oil and serve with Tomato ketchup.
This can be served as a wonderful tea time snack or as finger food at any party

No comments: